Prunes for gastritis: is it possible or not?
Prune is a dried fruit beloved by many, capable of giving an original taste to any dish, and simply a wonderful and healthy treat. However, in some situations, the usefulness of the product can be very controversial, one of such circumstances is gastritis.
Can I use prunes for gastritis?
Most specialists, including gastroenterologists, believe that prunes are useful, sometimes even for gastritis. Due to the high content of vitamins and minerals, it well complements the diet with nutrients. But this circumstance applies only to gastritis of a hypoacid form.
Important! In any case, before you start eating dried plums for gastritis, you should seek the advice of a gastroenterologist.
The composition of succulent fruits has a sufficiently high concentration of acids and fiber, which irritates the gastric mucosa. So dried, dried or smoked plums should not be consumed during an exacerbation of the disease. But at this time it can be used to make compotes and jelly.
In the event that gastritis is accompanied by low acidity (hypoacid), it can be eaten in sufficiently large quantities. If the acidity of the gastric juice is increased (hyperacid form), it is better not to use dried fruit at all.
Useful properties of prunes for the body
Plum and fresh has a lot of useful properties, due to the high content of vitamins and minerals. And the benefits of a dried, dried or smoked fruit (that is, in a dehydrated form) multiply. The explanation is simple: the bulk of the nutrients are contained not in the liquid that leaves the plum, but in the dry residue.
When dried, the fruits lose up to 2/3 of their weight, respectively, we can say that 100 g of dried fruit contains the same amount of vitamins and minerals as 300 g of fresh fruits. The composition contains vitamins B, A, C, E, K, provitamins, minerals (Mg, P, Zn, K, Na, Cu, Fe, etc.), tannins, amino acids.
Dried or dried plum fruits have a lot of qualities, especially useful for children. Some health problems can be solved without resorting to the help of drugs, eating only a product of natural origin.
- Prunes can help in the following cases:
- It has an antimicrobial effect that inhibits pathogenic bacteria. It is with this quality that this property of dried plum is associated: it enhances the effect of taking certain drugs;
- helps to get rid of constipation, normalizes intestinal motility;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- reduces the risk of tooth decay;
- strengthens the central nervous system;
- contribute to weight gain;
- stimulates brain activity;
- strengthens the immune system;
- contributes to better secretion of gastric juice;
- It is a soft natural diuretic;
- due to its high content of vitamin A, it improves vision.
Did you know? In 1910, the city of Sochi was in quarantine because of cholera, all the entrances and exits to the city were blocked, which threatened the onset of hunger. In that year, an unprecedented crop of Hungarian plum was born, which was dried. Later, both traders and consumers came to the conclusion that the product surpasses its foreign counterparts in most respects.
- For adults, the product is useful in the following cases:
- has an antimicrobial effect in case of gastrointestinal tract infections;
- It has a mild laxative and diuretic effect;
- helps with high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, due to the high concentration of potassium in an easily digestible form;
- relieves swelling, removes toxins from the body;
- beneficial effect on the condition of the kidneys, relieves swelling;
- It is useful for women during menopause, since a decrease in the production of estrogen by the body promotes leaching of calcium from bones;
- useful for men as a means of stimulating potency, especially as part of mixtures with nuts and honey.
Rules for choosing quality prunes
The highest quality product is obtained by drying plums of varieties Vengerka or Greenclod. It is best, of course, to cook it yourself at home. However, not everyone has this opportunity, so you need to learn how to choose high-quality dried fruits in retail.
Important! A brown shade of prunes indicates that before heat treatment the plum was poured with boiling water - to increase the shelf life. It is better not to purchase such a product - the amount of nutrients, in particular vitamin C, is minimal in it.
When buying prunes, you should remember some simple recommendations, the implementation of which will help you choose a high-quality product and it is better to save it:
- plums should be black, have a slight sheen, whole, without damage;
- do not buy dried fruits with unnatural excessive gloss, its source is glycerin;
- the most useful product with a bone, it is better to buy it;
- Do not buy dried plums a lot, it is better not to store the product at home for a long time, but periodically buy small lots
- it is best to store prunes in a dry, dark place, in a paper or linen bag, a glass jar, wooden barrels.
Features of the use of the product for gastritis
In a state of persistent remission in gastritis, dried fruit can be eaten, although in a limited amount - up to 4 pieces per day. With a hypoacid form (when the acidity of the gastric juice is normal or reduced), you can use prunes in large quantities.
In addition, the product is used not only in its raw form, but also as a part of various dishes - after heat treatment (compote, rice porridge with prunes) it acts more gently on the walls of the stomach.
When is prune contraindicated?
- In the following situations, prunes should not be eaten at all:
- exacerbation of chronic gastritis and acute conditions of the disease, accompanied by increased acidity;
- problems with excess weight;
- low blood pressure;
- use with caution to women with HB, since the properties of dried fruit can cause an upset stomach in a child;
If you suffer from gastritis, while having normal acidity of the gastric juice, or the disease is in remission, several fruits of prunes can be introduced into the diet. If the disease is aggravated, or you have high acidity, you should refrain from eating dried fruit.