How does candied honey affect the body?
All gifts of nature have their beneficial and negative qualities. Honey in this regard is no exception - it is also capable of both benefiting and causing harm. From this article you will learn when it is possible to eat sugared honey, and when it is better to turn out from it or use it with caution.
What is rich in bee product
Honey is a sweet substance that bees create by processing flower nectar. Taste, color and aroma depend on the colors from which nectar was collected. Also, the final composition will depend on the honey plants.
100 g of honey contains approximately 280-320 kcal. Sweet bee product has the following composition:
- 78–80% - sugar: levulose, glucose, sucrose, maltose;
- 20% - water;
- 2-3% - mineral salts.
It should also be noted the content of substances useful to humans (per 100 g):
|Micro and macro elements:||Vitamins:|
|iron - 0.9 mg;||B2 - 0.008 mg;|
|magnesium - 4 mg;||B3 - 0.06 mg;|
|cobalt - 0.004 mg;||B6 0.29-0.33 mg;|
|phosphorus - 1 mg;||C - 28–32 mg;|
|potassium - 18 mg;||K - 0.3 mg;|
|calcium - 4 mg;||PP - 0.28-0.39 mg;|
|sodium - 16 mg.||A - 0.9–1 mg.|
Did you know? Almost all varieties of honey crystallize. Mustard is the fastest sugar - a week after pumping, and the rest - after 2-3 months. And only one variety is not characterized by crystallization - stade.
Also the product in question contains:
- chlorine and sodium salts;
- folic, pantothenic, tartaric, lactic, phosphoric, succinic, citric, hydrochloric acids.
Is it possible to eat candied honey
Crystallization of processed nectar is an inevitable process and it begins from the bottom of the tank. The specificity of this development is due to the fact that the crystals sink to the bottom. The more glucose is contained in the sweet, the faster crystallization takes place.
As a rule, this reincarnation occurs in 2–11 weeks. At the same time, a change in physical state does not affect quality at all. Experts are sure that such a product is no less useful than liquid. And some even argue that it is better to take just such honey - it is harder to fake.
Important! When heated to + 40 ... + 50 ° C, the decomposition process begins product.
Most consumers prefer honey in liquid form and try to melt sugared. It is strongly discouraged to do this - high temperatures kill most of the useful elements.
Candied honey is better to be tasted rather than dissolved in hot drinks.
Why honey is good for the human body
There is practically no organ that a sweet bee product does not positively affect. It is used both internally and externally. Moreover, the treatment of any disease is easier and faster if you take this unique substance at the same time.
The children's body responds well to honey and various supplements. It favorably affects the work of the brain, activating the mental ability of the child.
Parents of fidgets can take honey sweetness into service as an antidepressant. It will calm egoza, and when taken at night, it will ensure a healthy and calm sleep. However, you should not overdo it - an excessive amount (see below the rate of use) can harm the baby.
- Using honey, a person receives a lot of positive effects:
- Pressure stabilization. Regularly taking a sweet medicine, you can cleanse and expand the vessels. And the presence of potassium in the product will return them elasticity.
- Resistance to nervous tensions. Stress and psycho-emotional disorders cause heart disease. A sweet bee product stabilizes the rhythm and heart rate.
- Increased blood glucose.Replenishment of this substance to normal values will only benefit the body. Glucose supports the heart muscle, activates the flow of blood to the myocardium.
- Prevention of heart failure. This can be achieved by normalizing the composition of the blood and increasing hemoglobin.
- It has a choleretic and diuretic effect. Due to this, it can be used in the treatment of urinary tract and kidneys.
- Vessel cleaning. A bee product helps remove toxins and excess cholesterol, and this reduces the risk of varicose veins and atherosclerosis.
- Help in the treatment of upper respiratory tract. Antimicrobial properties are actively used for bronchitis, tonsillitis, SARS. Honey helps to remove sputum, drowns out pathogenic microflora, and relieves soreness and swelling.
- Strengthening the immune system. This product activates the body's defenses and is indicated for an epidemic of colds and flu.
Important! In diseases of the heart and blood vessels, honey should not be mixed with hot drinks. Such a drink puts a strain on the heart muscle.
To get the maximum benefit from processed nectar and not harm yourself, it should be consumed sparingly. It is advisable to eat a sweet product 1.5–2 hours before a meal or 2.5–3 hours after. The daily rate is:
- adults - 1-2 tbsp. spoons;
- children - 1-2 tsp.
What can be combined for even greater benefit
The rich composition allows you to include sweetness in various folk recipes that have been used for several centuries. And in the modern world, such combinations do not lose their relevance, allowing you to maintain health in difficult moments.
For greater benefit, honey is combined with such products:
- Kefir or sour milk. Used to increase hemoglobin and normalize blood composition. 100 g of product are eaten daily in several approaches, washed down with sour-milk products. After a month, the state of the cardiovascular system will improve markedly.
- Apple juice or water. 2 teaspoons of the product are diluted in 300 ml and drunk 30-40 minutes before meals 2-3 times a day. Drink with problems in the digestive tract.
- Lemon. A bee product helps vitamin C be better absorbed. This citrus can be sweetened with honey, or mix the sweetness and juice of lemon. Useful for colds.
- Cinnamon. In combination with honey, it serves as an excellent energetic. Only a couple of spoons in the morning will energize for the whole day. In addition, this tandem has a positive effect on problems with the cardiovascular system: it reduces pressure, helps to remove excess cholesterol, strengthens blood vessels.
- Nuts. These fruits (especially cedar) contain a lot of vitamins and unsaturated fatty acids, and honey properties help this composition to be absorbed faster in the body. There is no special recipe: you can add nuts to honey or a little sweetness in nuts. It is worth noting that this combination is suitable for people with an active lifestyle.
- Ginger. A powerful tool to reduce temperature and cleanse the nasal mucosa. In hot water, stir a tablespoon of honey, 2-3 thin plates of ginger and a little lemon juice.
- Turmeric. Curcumin favorably affects the joints and helps relieve inflammatory processes. In combination with a sweet product that allows beneficial substances to enter the blood faster, relieves symptoms of osteoarthritis, rheumatism, arthritis. Recipe: 100 g honey, a tablespoon of turmeric. The mixture is taken ½ teaspoon every 4-5 hours with a cold or a tablespoon to relieve inflammation. To prevent colds, eat a teaspoon per day.
- Propolis. In combination with sweetness, it helps to remove cramps, reduce pressure, and suppress symptoms of acute respiratory viral infections and acute respiratory infections.
- Radish. In combination with a sweet bee product, it is an expectorant. There are several recipes for cooking, but all of them can be taken only with full confidence in the seriousness of the disease.
- Garlic. Together with a bee product it helps to strengthen the immune system. Accepted for bronchitis, asthma, atherosclerosis, viral infections, vitamin deficiency, etc. Garlic is crushed, poured with alcohol in a ratio of 2: 1 and infused for 2-3 weeks. Honey (50-60 g) and propolis are added to this infusion. Accepted incrementally: 1 drop on the first day, 2 on the second, 3 on the third ... 15 on the fifteenth. Then it is also reduced dropwise in order to drink one drop on the thirtieth day.
- Cottage cheese. Together with honey, it helps to recover after a serious illness or operation. Cottage cheese contains a complete set of amino acids, and the bee product supplements them with vitamins and minerals. It is also used for sleep disorders, nervousness, disorders of the intestinal microflora.
- Dried fruits. Raisins, figs, dried apricots, prunes, nuts, lemon and honey strengthen the myocardium and are an excellent prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Dried fruits, lemon and nuts are crushed in a blender, poured with honey and take 3-4 teaspoons per day. Proportions: dried fruits - 200 g each, lemon - 1 pc., Nuts - 200 g, sweet product - 200 ml.
Contraindications and harm
First of all, the negative consequences are as a result of overeating. In large quantities, the product irritates the walls of the stomach, increases acidity, and also provokes metabolic disturbances. Because of this, it is not recommended to introduce honey in the children's menu - at least until the age of three.
Did you know? The ancient Egyptians used honey as a preservative. He was one of the main components of the means for mummification.
In addition, due to the presence of a large number of sugars in the product, it should not be consumed by diabetics. Overweight people should also be careful about honey - it contains a lot of carbohydrates.
- Due to the peculiar composition of honey, it can provoke a serious allergic reaction, which is manifested by such symptoms:
- The likeness of a cold. It is accompanied by a runny nose, general weakness.
- Rashes. Irritation, peeling and other unpleasant reactions appear on the skin.
- Swelling of the nasopharynx and throat. Occur in individual cases and are characterized as a strong allergic reaction.
Since a sweet bee product enhances blood flow, it is not recommended to use it at elevated temperatures (+ 37.5 ° C and above).
Important! To prevent allergic manifestations, an unfamiliar substance first taken in small quantities and monitor the reaction of the body.
Thus, honey is a delicious and extremely healthy sweet, whose role for the human body can hardly be overestimated. But it is worth remembering that a sweet product should be used carefully so that an excessive amount does not adversely affect the state of health.