Variety of cucumbers Maryina Roscha: description, characteristics, cultivation and care
Cucumber Maryina grove F1 refers to hybrid parthenocarpic varieties grown in open ground and in greenhouses. Recently, it has gained great popularity among gardeners due to its positive qualities and characteristic features. We consider this variety in more detail in this article.
Characterization and description of the variety
The cucumber variety Maryina Roscha was bred by Russian breeders. It differs from the rest in that it forms fruits without pollination, and there are no seeds in them. It is characterized by early fruit ripening, abundant fruiting, the formation of small cucumbers, the formation of flowers of a female type only. It grows in beds and in greenhouses, but in greenhouses the yield yields much more.
Important! Variety Maryina Grove continues to bear fruit up to 0 ° C, due to its resistance to cold temperature.
The appearance of the bush and the taste of cucumbers
The bush is a plant with a length of 1.8 to 2.2 m, requiring tying to a support. Side stems grow from the main shoots. The leaves are large, dark green in color, densely growing. On each bush, about 12 cucumbers (gherkins) ripen up to 12 cm in size, green in color, with a dense skin covered with tubercles and white spikes. Fruits weighing up to 100 g, cylindrical, crispy, have a great taste, do not have bitterness even during overriding.There are practically no shortcomings in the hybrid. It should be noted that the lashes of this cucumber culture require binding with the trellis method
For small cucumbers, the Maryina Grove variety gives a fairly good crop of 12 kg per 1 m².
Did you know? According to doctors, cucumber is most useful for the stomach, due to its calming effect on the mucous membrane.
Timing of flowering and ripening
An early ripe variety Maryina Grove begins to bloom at an air temperature of +18 ... + 21 ° С. Fruits already 40–45 days after planting in a permanent place."Marina Grove F1" - an excellent option for both experienced gardeners and beginner summer residents
Advantages and disadvantages
- The advantages of the parthenocarpic variety Maryina Roscha include:
- continuous fruiting until late autumn;
- fast and simultaneous ripening of fruits;
- tolerates adverse weather, especially low temperatures;
- cucumbers taste good without bitterness;
- the fruits are used not only fresh, but also for seaming;
- immunity to underlying diseases;
- does not need pollination;
- good presentation;
- long-term safety and transportability over long distances;
- it is convenient to collect fruits;
- high productivity.
- The disadvantages include:
- the need to tie the bush to the support.
Features of sowing and growing
This variety of cucumbers can be grown both in open and in closed ground, seedlings or seeds. For it, loose, light soil, loamy or sandy loamy soil, well permeable to water and oxygen, is best suited.
Seedling method consists of the following actions:
- disinfect the seed in a weak solution of potassium permanganate for 25-30 minutes;
- rinse and soak the seeds by wrapping in a damp cloth for 24 hours;
- to accelerate germination, you can use the drug "Zircon";
- harden the seeds on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 2 days;
- each seed is planted in a separate peat pot or tablet (it will be more convenient then to plant seedlings in the ground);
- air temperature should be + 27 ° C, humidity 75%, after the appearance of the first leaves, the temperature must be reduced to +21 ... + 23 ° C;
- seedlings can be transplanted into the soil when 3-5 true leaves appear, after hardening it for 1 week.
The seedless method is distinguished by the following:
- seeds are sown when the earth heats up to + 15 ° C;
- preparation of seed is carried out in the same way as for growing seedlings;
- seeds are planted in moist soil, adhering to the planting scheme in greenhouses or in the garden.
Important! Due to the fact that the variety of cucumbers Maryina grove does not require pollination, it can be grown on the windowsill.
In the open ground
In the open ground cucumbers Maryina grove are planted, following these recommendations:
- when there is no risk of night frosts, the earth will heat up to + 15 ° C, and the air to + 25 ° C;
- 4 plants are planted per 1 m² at a distance of 40 cm from each other, up to 3.5 cm deep, and the seeds are sown in furrows to a depth of 2 cm after 3-4 cm (after, seedlings are thinned out if necessary, leaving a distance of 15 cm);
- the bed should be well-lit, located in a calm place, along the perimeter you can plant sunflowers, corn, potatoes, legumes, which will act as a shield;
- the landing site should be prepared in advance, that is, cleared of weeds, fertilized (4 buckets of manure, 3 cups of wood ash, 100 g of nitrophosphate per 1 m²), deeply dug up. This is best done in the fall or 1-2 weeks before planting.
Planting in the greenhouse
The requirements for planting in greenhouses are as follows:
- soil temperature should not be lower than + 13 ° С, air +18 ... + 24 ° С;
- the room should be well ventilated (without drafts);
- there should be enough light;
- it is advisable to fertilize the earth with humus (2-3 buckets), urea (1 tablespoon), potassium sulfate (1 tablespoon), superphosphate (2 tablespoons) per 1 m².
Video: sowing seeds and planting cucumber seedlings in a greenhouse
Care for bushes of the Maryina Grove variety consists of regular watering, carried out after 3 days with warm, settled water in the evening. Before flowering, you need to water 4 liters of water per 1 bush. During fruit ripening - 1 bucket per 1 bush.
Did you know? Cucumber juice is an excellent remedy for a protracted cough.
During the feeding of cucumbers, it is recommended to alternate mineral fertilizers with organic ones. The fertilizer application scheme consists of the following steps:
- The first feeding is carried out 3 weeks after planting the cucumbers in a permanent place. In 1 bucket of water you need to dilute 1 tbsp. spoon of potassium sulfate, superphosphate, ammonium nitrate. Apply after watering so as not to damage the roots.
- The second is carried out during the beginning of fruiting using 20 g nitrofoski, 0.5 l chicken droppings, diluted in 10 l of water.
- The next top dressing is introduced after 2 weeks. To do this, you need to take 10 liters of water, 1 liter of mullein (diluted with water 1: 3), 10 g of potassium sulfate, superphosphate, urea. Filter and feed the cucumbers with a calculation of 10 l / 1 m².
- The latter is also carried out 2 weeks after the previous one. In 10 l of water dilute 1 l of chicken droppings, 20 g of nitrofoska or other mineral fertilizer. Pay with a calculation of 5 l / 1 m².
Garter and bush formation
A mandatory requirement in the cultivation of cucumbers Maryina grove is considered to be the garter of plants to the support. For this purpose, stakes are vertically inserted into the soil, to which a wire or rail is horizontally tied from above. If the height of the support reaches up to 0.5 m, then the plant does not need to be tied up, it is simply thrown through the wire. If the support has a height of 1 m, then the cucumber shoots are formed and fixed with twine.
Also, this variety requires the formation of a bush in 1 stem. Thanks to which it will be more convenient to tie it up, take care of it, and also the plant will be able to better develop and bear fruit. Since the flowers of Maryina Grove cucumbers develop on the main shoot, then all the lateral branches and flowers in the axils of the first 5-6 leaves are removed.Shoots forming above 5-6 leaves are left. Their length should be about 20 cm. Thus shoots are formed in the sinuses of the next 5 sheets. In the next 5-6 leaf sinuses, shoots 30–40 cm long are left, and in the next 40–45 cm.When the main stalk reaches the greatest length, pinch its top.
After irrigation and fertilizer, it is necessary to carefully loosen the earth around the bushes so that a crust does not form and to supply the root system with oxygen. Remove weeds regularly. To retain moisture in the ground, cover the area around the trunk with mulch.
Prevention and control of diseases and pests
Due to the fact that the Maryina grove variety is resistant to major diseases, it does not require special measures to control pests or diseases. If any insects appear on the plants, experts recommend treating the bushes with preparations such as Tabu, Regent according to the instructions for use.
Harvesting and storage
The first fruits of the Maryina grove variety can be harvested as early as 40–45 days after planting in a permanent place. Every 2-3 days, inspect the plants and pick ripened cucumbers, as this procedure will increase yield. Keep harvested in a cool, dark room or in the refrigerator. Subject to all the rules, cucumbers can last up to 2.5–3 months without losing their marketability and taste.The variety of cucumbers Maryina grove is universal. It does not require much labor to care for plants, it gives a good harvest of tasty and crisp fruits. It can be grown in their own plots not only by specialists, but also by beginner gardeners.