Honey for immunity: useful properties, application
From time immemorial honey has been used as a medical treat that can cope with a huge number of various diseases. And this is not surprising, because the described beekeeping product has a unique composition, which determines its beneficial effect on all systems of the human body. Honey is particularly effective on the immune system. What is the use of the product for immunity and how to take it correctly - more on this later in the article.
The chemical and vitamin composition of honey
Honey is a natural beekeeping product, most of which is represented by a group of sugars - glucose, fructose, sucrose, and enzymes - diastase, amylase, catastase. In some cases, their amount can reach up to 80% of all components. However, not only sugars give nutritional value to the treat - it includes a wide range of vitamins and minerals.
Among biologically active substances, the following can be distinguished:
- IN 3 (nicotinic acid) - takes part in redox processes, positively affects the functioning of the nervous system, is required for protein metabolism and the synthesis of genetic material;
- AT 6 (pyridoxine) - promotes the absorption of protein and fat, serves as a prophylaxis for many nervous and skin ailments, regulates blood glucose;
- AT 9 (folic acid) - necessary for the growth and development of new cells, positively affects the fetal development of the fetus, stabilizes the emotional background;
- WITH (ascorbic acid) - increases the protective functions of the body, serves as a powerful antioxidant, frees the body from harmful substances and free radicals;
- AND (retinol) - takes part in the synthesis of proteins, normalizes metabolism, participates in the formation of dental and bone tissues, is necessary for the growth of new cells;
- E (tocopherol) - protects the body from the harmful effects of external factors, prevents early aging, improves cell regeneration;
- K (phylloquinone) - regulates blood coagulation, takes part in hematopoiesis, promotes the formation and mineralization of bone tissue.
The honey composition is supplemented with the following minerals:
- calcium - is needed for the construction of muscle tissue and skeleton bones, has a positive effect on the heart muscle, helps strengthen the immune system, activates the production of many enzymes;
- potassium - normalizes the work of the cardiovascular system, is useful for the work of the kidneys and liver, takes part in the saturation of cells with oxygen, regulates the water balance;
- phosphorus - participates in metabolism, is a basic component of teeth and bones, activates the work of B vitamins, normalizes energy exchange processes;
- sodium - stimulates the digestion process, maintains the acid-base level, positively affects the nervous system, stimulates the production of many enzymes;
- magnesium - supports the normal functioning of the brain, is required for the full generation of energy, increases efficiency, reduces the risk of heart disease;
- iron - has a beneficial effect on metabolism, prevents the development of anemia, is responsible for the transport of oxygen to tissue cells.
Honey has enzymes useful for the human body, organic and essential acids, dietary fiber, and flavonoids.
Important! There are a large number of varieties of honey - May, buckwheat, flower, etc.- all of them are extremely useful, and no matter which one will be used, the main thing is that they are completely natural. An artificial product does not have a healing composition and can even harm human health.
Useful properties for the body
The multifaceted vitamin and mineral composition of the described beekeeping product determines its high healing qualities and beneficial effects on all systems of the human body.
Honey has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiviral effects, so it serves as an excellent therapeutic and prophylactic for colds. It strengthens the immune system, activates protective functions, and promotes rapid recovery. It also improves the condition of the respiratory system, fights bronchitis and cough, and helps with angina.
The product is characterized by pronounced bactericidal properties, due to which it is successfully used for external treatment of wounds, ulcers, injuries, inflammatory processes on the skin. It increases the regenerative ability of the epidermis, quickly restores cells, contributing to the emergence of new ones. In addition, honey has a positive effect on the functioning of the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
Did you know? Human blood in its composition contains 24 essential trace elements. 22 of them are in honey — that is why the specified product is so valuable to the body.
It combats the effects of stress, relieves depression and insomnia, improves mood, has a beneficial effect on the psycho-emotional background, and reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes. The described sweet treat copes with violations of the digestive tract: it speeds up metabolic processes, improves appetite, normalizes the digestive tract, and successfully copes with stagnation of bile.Honey is considered an ideal natural remedy for maintaining beauty and youth. For external use, it cleanses the skin, removes inflammation, fights acne and rashes, and prevents the appearance of wrinkles. Regular consumption of goodies inside prevents premature skin aging, allows you to quickly restore strength, fill the body with vital energy.
The product has high efficiency in the treatment of gynecological ailments. It is used in the composition of suppositories, infusions, compresses for the treatment of inflammation of the external organs, erosion, fibroids, etc. Due to the presence of natural sucrose and fructose in honey, it is useful for diabetics as a means that normalizes blood glucose levels and improves the general condition organism.
Many parents doubt whether the described product is useful for children, since it belongs to the category of strong allergens. However, the value of honey for a small child's body is extremely large.It has a complex composition, represented by a large number of minerals and biologically active substances, which have a tonic, restorative, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antifungal effect, excellently increase protective functions and temper the immune system of the child.
Important! Honey is characterized by universal application and allows improving the functioning of all body systems. But you need to remember that the product is highly allergenic, therefore, before use, it is necessary to conduct an allergy test, especially if it concerns children.
Honey is primarily used to treat colds in children. It helps with a dry cough, facilitates expectoration with bronchitis, lowers temperature, activates the body's protective functions, and allows you to quickly overcome the infection.
- In addition, a natural delicacy is shown:
- for the prevention and treatment of anemia, as it is an excellent supplier of iron;
- to enhance immunity.Due to its rich composition, it is able to replace pharmacy vitamin-mineral complexes, while being absorbed by the body much faster;
- to normalize night rest, as it has a pronounced relaxation effect;
- to fill the body with vital energy and restore strength after mental or physical exertion.
Indications for the use of honey
Traditional medicine has long used honey for the prevention and treatment of various diseases.
- It is shown:
- to normalize night sleep and get rid of insomnia;
- to strengthen immunity and enhance the protective functions of the body;
- with violations of the digestive tract and gastrointestinal tract;
- in the treatment of gynecological diseases;
- for the treatment of skin ailments;
- with chronic fatigue, apathy, decreased appetite, depressive states;
- to improve the condition of the skin, hair and nails;
- for weight loss or, conversely, weight gain;
- for the treatment of colds;
- in the presence of dental diseases;
- with hypertension and jumps in blood pressure.
Important! The greatest benefit is honey when consumed in the morning, on an empty stomach. For maximum assimilation of the product, it must be diluted in slightly warm water — for 1 glass of water 1 tsp. facilities.
Features and methods of application for immunity
Naturally, natural honey is considered the most useful product to strengthen the immune system and enhance the protective properties of the human body. It is a natural antibiotic that creates an environment in the human body that is unfavorable for the development and vital activity of pathogenic microorganisms, and contains a number of substances that kill bacteria, but do not violate the natural microflora of the human intestine.In addition, the product copes with violations in the digestive tract, which also has a positive effect on the immune system. It treats gastritis and ulcers, promotes the removal of bile and excess fluid, cleanses toxins and harmful chemicals, fights worms. Natural delicacy is characterized by a sedative property, calms the nervous system, reduces nervous tension and the load on the immune system.
With it, you can get rid of depression, normalize the emotional state, reduce the harmful effects of stress on the nervous system. To strengthen the immune system, honey can be consumed separately or with other products. Ginger, dried fruits, lemon, garlic, nuts are excellent as an additive to a sweet treat.
Did you know? Canadian scientists conducted a series of studies that proved the impossibility of bacterial life in honey (including Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa). It was found that a unique protein, defensin, which is part of the immunity of the bees themselves, has a similar antibiotic effect.
Adults are recommended to use the product as follows:
- for the prevention of ailments - on an empty stomach 2 hours of the drug diluted in a glass of warm water;
- for diseases, for quick recovery - 2 hours. Means three times a day, 30 minutes before eating.
The most effective honey consumption scheme for children:
- for prevention: up to 6 years - 1 hour in the morning, up to 12 years - 2 hours in the morning;
- during therapy: up to 6 years - 1 hour in the morning and evening, up to 12 years - 2 hours in the morning and evening.
Children should introduce the product from very small dosages, strictly controlling the state of the body. If there are any negative reactions, the reception of a sweet treat should be discontinued.
Did you know? In ancient times, honey was used as a preservative: they were coated with meat and buried in the ground. With this treatment, the product could be stored for a sufficiently long time.
Contraindications to the use of honey
There is an opinion that honey is useful to everyone, without exception, and should be consumed regularly even by absolutely healthy people.
- However, like any, even a natural medicine, it has a number of contraindications, which include:
- age up to 3 years, due to the high risk of allergic reactions;
- individual intolerance;
- kidney or liver failure.
- With caution, you must use the product:
- pregnant women and women while breastfeeding;
- with exacerbation of any chronic ailments;
- diabetics at risk of increased glucose levels;
- people with pancreatitis;
- in the presence of tumors of various etiologies.