Features of the use of onions and garlic with gout
Everyone knows that proper nutrition is the key to health. However, the question of which products can be consumed and which ones are best discarded becomes especially acute when various diseases are present. In the article, we consider whether it is possible to eat onions and garlic with gout, as well as the features of their use.
Can I eat garlic and onions with gout?
Only a doctor can clearly answer the question of what kind of onions can be eaten with gout. The onion contains compounds that prevent the release of uric acid and can irritate the gastric mucosa and adversely affect the work of the kidneys. It is worth noting that such an effect is possible when consuming a large amount of vegetable. But green onions can be consumed with this disease.
Did you know? It has long been known about gout: this is one of the first diseases that was described in ancient Greece. In a literal translation, the name of the disease means “trap for the feet” (“podas” - “leg”, “agra” - “trap for the victim”).
It is characterized by the same properties as onion, but contains more organic acids. With gout on the legs, such a vegetable is recommended to be added to salads. Leeks are also not classified as prohibited foods. It has a diuretic effect and does not irritate the stomach, so it is even recommended for gout. Garlic is also allowed for joint diseases, but this should be done in moderation.
Benefits and healing properties
Onions and garlic are not just healthy vegetables, they are a real storehouse of vitamins and minerals.
Due to its unique composition, this vegetable (including green) is an excellent bioactive supplement.
- B vitamins (except B12), PP, C;
- nicotinic acid;
- essential oils;
In folk medicine, a vegetable is used mainly for the prevention of influenza and the common cold. Moreover, studies have confirmed the presence of antibacterial and antiviral elements in its greenery.
In general, garlic has such an effect on the body:
- Improves the condition of the cardiovascular system. Regular consumption of this vegetable lowers cholesterol and lowers blood pressure.
- Blood thinner. The vegetable perfectly copes with blood viscosity, prevents blood clots, reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Prevents oncological formations. Sulfur compounds of a vegetable protect cells from mutations.
Important! It is recommended to eat raw garlic, since during heat treatment most of the beneficial properties are lost.
With gout, this vegetable can be eaten in moderation - onions, herbs or leeks are not prohibited.
Onion combines the following elements:
- vitamins of group B, C, A, K, E;
- organic and amino acids;
- micro and macro elements.
During heat treatment (fried, baked, boiled) onions practically do not lose their medicinal characteristics, so you can saturate the body with useful elements all year round.
Possible contraindications and harm
Despite the fact that onions and garlic for joint diseases are not forbidden, to obtain a positive result, you should adhere to the doctor's recommendations and take into account restrictions.
- Eating your favorite vegetables is not recommended in such cases:
- serious pathologies and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
It is also not recommended to consume garlic and use folk recipes based on it for people with peptic ulcer and damage to the gastric mucosa, as well as for pregnant women and while breastfeeding.Since onions and green onions cause discomfort in the stomach, irritation of the mucous membrane, as well as pressure surges and increased asthmatic attack, it is not recommended to take it for diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Important! With problems in the stomach, the amount of garlic in the diet reduces to
to a minimum.
Rules and regulations for use
With gout and for its prevention, it is recommended to eat raw garlic: two slices per day, on an empty stomach. You can also make various tinctures from this product and add to dishes. It is best to add fresh herbs to salads.
Green onions and garlic are well combined with such products:
- White cabbage.
Important! Non-traditional methods are recommended to be used in parallel with drug treatment. Only in this case, you can achieve a result and improve well-being.
For those who want to improve their health, traditional medicine offers such recipes:
- Alcohol tincture with milk. It will help remove toxins and urea residues from the body. You can purchase it in finished form, or you can do it yourself. Tincture is taken twice a day for 10-15 drops per glass of milk.
- Garlic infusion. Grind 500 g of product, pour 1000 ml of alcohol and leave in the sun for 10-14 days. Filter the infusion and take on an empty stomach 20-40 drops. Can be diluted in juice.
- Onion-garlic infusion with cranberries. All components in a ratio of 1: 1: 1 are crushed, put in a glass container and insisted day. Take in the morning, 20-30 minutes before eating. A spoonful of honey will help to remove a specific taste.
- Garlic and lemon. 3 heads of garlic and 4 lemons are chopped, poured with three liters of boiling water and insisted for 72 hours. Take 2 tablespoons on an empty stomach.
- Onion broth. Two crude medium-sized onions are poured into 1.5 liters of water and boiled until soft. Filter the broth and take ½ cup before breakfast. The course is 2 weeks.
- Garlic honey tincture. In chopped garlic (5 heads) add 15–20 g of honey and pour in an incomplete glass of vodka. The composition is well mixed and insisted for a week. Take the medicine in 10 drops 20-30 minutes before eating. The course of therapy is 21 days.
How to pick and store garlic and onions
When choosing a product for storage, two parameters are important: dryness and hardness. In addition, vegetables should be fresh and ripened. Experts advise taking small heads of garlic with large cloves, elastic to the touch. The ripeness of the fruit is checked by feeling the cloves: they are not so clearly felt in an unripe vegetable.
You should not take a product with excess husk - this indicates the immaturity of garlic. As a rule, such a vegetable quickly fades. You should also not take garlic, which began to sprout - it has already lost its basic properties. When choosing, lightly press the onion with the palm of the hand - a characteristic crunch indicates the maturity of the fetus.
Did you know? In ancient Rome, they were sure that garlic gives rise to courage and fighting spirit in warriors, therefore, before going to battle, gladiators chewed this vegetable.
The vegetable should not have any spots, and the skin should be dry. Bulbs are best to choose small. Sprouted specimens should not be used. Keeping garlic and onions in the refrigerator is optional. The temperature + 15 ... + 20 ° C is suitable for these vegetables. The ideal place is dry, ventilated, without exposure to sunlight. In apartment conditions, vegetables can be stored on the balcony or in the pantry.Garlic and onions cannot be stored in bulk. It is better to put them in boxes or twist them into bundles. Before long-term storage, the products are dried. The ideal option - in a natural way on paper or in the oven. Treatment of gout requires an integrated approach, including following a certain diet.
The use of garlic and onions gives an excellent effect, but only in combination with drug therapy. It is important to remember that the use of a product is possible only after consulting a doctor.