How to make juice from melon at home for the winter?
Melon is an annual thermophilic herbaceous plant whose fruits are a valuable food product with dietary properties. Melon culture can be eaten both fresh and in the form of a variety of desserts, blanks. A very useful product is melon juice.
It contains carbohydrates (mainly sucrose and fructose), saturated fatty acids, amino acids and proteins, lipids, essential oils, aromatic substances.
Important! It should be noted that melon is not a high-calorie product. Its energy value is 35-38 Kcal per 100 g of product.
- PP (nicotinic acid) - participates in metabolic processes, tones up blood vessels (especially capillaries).
- E (tocopherol) - increases immunity, slows down the aging process of the body and the development of neoplasms, regulates sugar levels.
- C (ascorbic acid) - strengthens the immune system, regulates metabolism, removes toxins, affects the functioning of the pancreas and thyroid gland.
- B9 (folic acid) - affects the functioning of the immune and cardiovascular system, liver and digestive system, has a sedative effect.
- B6 (pyridoxine) - prevention of anemia, hepatitis, diseases of the nervous system, dermatitis.
- B2 (riboflavin) - normalizes metabolism, affects the functioning of the nervous system.
- B1 (thiamine) - positively affects the work of the brain, thought processes, memory, improves mood, affects the growth of bones and muscle tissue, slows down the aging process of the body.
- A (retinol) - useful for vision, skin, hair, antioxidant, promotes normal metabolism, slows down the aging process, helps strengthen immunity.
The composition of this valuable product contains many macro elements:
- sulfur - an element of the purity of the body;
- sodium and chlorine - life itself, water-salt metabolism;
- phosphorus is an element of energy and mind;
- potassium - an element of muscle strength;
- magnesium - an element of calm, antispasmodic;
- calcium - the basis of the musculoskeletal system; an element necessary for the functioning of the cardiovascular and nervous system.
Did you know? Melon has a lot of fiber and it is 90% water. And 200 kg is the weight of the largest melon fruit..
- cobalt - affects the formation of blood cells, the production of insulin
- fluorine - the formation of tissues, tooth enamel
- Manganese - CNS function, bone condition, reproductive function
- iodine - thyroid function
- zinc - metabolism, reproductive system
- copper - affects the absorption of iron, pigmentation
- iron - the main component of hemoglobin in the blood
What is useful and what are the properties of juice from melon?
Juice from melon fruit is very effectively used for the prevention and in the treatment of a number of diseases. This product, rich in macro and microelements, has many useful properties.In the summer season, freshly prepared juice perfectly quenches thirst, helps to normalize the water-salt balance in the body.
- The product has on the human body:
- soft diuretic;
- anti-sclerotic effect.
Freshly squeezed juice “supports” the body with pathologies of the heart muscle, vascular ailments, facilitates the course of kidney diseases, affects metabolic processes. For elderly people, juice from fruits is valuable in that it improves brain activity (improves memory, hearing), and has a general strengthening effect.
Due to the high content of ascorbic acid, melon juice is useful for the prevention of colds and infectious diseases. It is also used to treat anemia, after suffering diseases of the liver, digestive system, skin diseases. Due to the rather high content of folic acid, this product helps to slow down the growth of tumors.Melon is a wonderful soothing product, aromatic and tasty, with a high content of essential oils.
Drinking a melon fruit drink is best in the morning on an empty stomach (it is contraindicated for people with impaired digestive system functions) or in between main meals. It is best to drink in small sips and through a straw (due to the high content of ascorbic acid there is a risk of destruction of tooth enamel).
Did you know? According to legend, the archangels lowered the melon to people on the planet and it is considered one of the paradise fruits.
Application in traditional medicine
Fragrant fruits are used in alternative medicine to treat a number of diseases, as well as as a cosmetic product for anti-aging procedures for face, body and hair. In this case, both the pulp of the fruits and the juice of the melon, melon milk and infusion of seeds are used:
|Organ system||Act||What use|
|The immune system||Restorative action||Pulp and juice|
|Respiratory system||In cases of manifestations of bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia are used as compresses|
Cough, dry mouth
|Pulp of fruit|
Melon milk, pulp with honey, seeds
|The cardiovascular system||Vitamin C, folic acid, magnesium tone the heart muscle|
Disruption of the cardiovascular system, hypertension
|Digestive system||Melon fiber cleanses the intestines, is used in obesity as a laxative||Fruit pulp and juice|
Urinary tract inflammation (diuretic effect)
Pulp, melon milk
|Endocrine system||Diabetes mellitus (melon contains fructose and sucrose, which are better absorbed in the human body, unlike glucose)||Fruits (have a low glycemic index)|
|Nervous system||Eliminates anxiety, minimizes nervous tension||Fruits and juice|
|Leather||Resorption of hematomas, elimination of abscesses||Dressings with juice and pulp|
Dried melon seeds are ground and added to them in a ratio of 1: 8. It can be sweetened (to taste).
Melon seed infusion
Grate 1 cup of seeds in a mortar, pour boiled water at room temperature (3 l), leave for 24 hours. Melon drink eliminates edema and pathogenic microorganisms, contributes to the relief of allergic manifestations, dermatitis, psoriasis, and has an anthelmintic effect.
How to make juice from melon for the winter?
Making juice for the winter is not particularly difficult and includes an affordable set of ingredients.
- 2 kg of melon (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 1-1.5 liters of water (depending on the juiciness of the melon)
- 1 cup sugar (to taste, depending on the sweetness of the melon itself)
- 0.5 teaspoon of citric acid or fresh lemon
Squeeze the juice from the fruit in a juicer, add water, sugar, citric acid. Boil in a juicer for 10 minutes, pour into sterile jars and roll up. You can add oranges, pears, kiwi, honey, ginger, mint to this recipe.
What melon is suitable for juice
To prepare a healthy drink from a fragrant gourd, you need to choose ripe and juicy fruits, without damaging the skin. The degree of ripeness of the fruit is indicated by the aroma that it thins. If the melon smells only of greens, then such a fruit is not ripe and is not suitable for making juice.
Important! You should pay attention to the conditions in which the product is stored and sold, as well as to the seller’s presence of a document on the content of nitrates.
A dull sound when tapping the melon peel can also speak of ripeness of the fetus. The part of the surface where the remainder of the stem was preserved should be dry, and the place where the flower was should be slightly soft.
How to squeeze juice from a melon
To obtain melon juice, it is preferable to use a juice cooker. The whole fruit is used (with a peel), since it contains a lot of valuable essential oils.After washing the melon in running water, it is cut and passed through a juicer.
You can cook, the so-called melon honey, a very valuable and useful product. To do this, the resulting juice is heated to a boil, filtered and boiled again with constant stirring over low heat until its volume decreases by 8-10 times. The boiled product is filtered again. Sugar does not need to be added, because in the melon itself the sugar content is sufficient. This is a valuable dietary product - melon honey.
Contraindications for the use of juice
Despite the fact that melon is a fragrant, tasty and quite valuable food product that has many therapeutic effects on the human body, it is necessary to remember contraindications for its use. Excess can lead to problems with the spleen. Strictly dosed (after medical advice) you need to consume fruits for people with a history of diabetes. With an exacerbation of ulcerative manifestations of the gastrointestinal tract, the use of the product is categorically unacceptable. With caution, you need to consume the fruits and juice of lactating women, as certain problems in the digestion of the child may occur.
Important! Melon is an independent dish that should not be consumed with other food ingredients. It is especially not recommended to combine it with milk and alcoholic beverages.
This gourd - A “heavy” food product, its fiber can have a laxative effect on the digestive system, which is a big burden for the body.
Terms and conditions of storage
Cooked melon juice can be stored in the refrigerator, in the freezer or just in a cool place. It will depend on the method of preparation, temperature, humidity. In a bottled form, in the refrigerator or frozen, in the freezer, the product retains its healing properties for 6 months.Sterilized and jar-spilled melon juice can be stored in a cool room for 1 year.
Juice, like melon itself, is a healthy product. However, it is important to remember that everything is good in moderation. Subject to all the rules for the preparation, use and storage of this product, you can get a lot of gastronomic pleasures and bring healing benefits to the body.