Features of new generation awning greenhouses
Awning greenhouse is an excellent option for gardeners who want to grow vegetables and fruits in the greenhouse, but for some reason who are not able to establish a capital structure.
Design features of awning greenhouses
Awning greenhouse, also called a greenhouse in a box, - a new generation product that fully satisfies gardeners in their needs for growing early vegetables and fruits. It is intended primarily for those who want to try their hand at greenhouse vegetable growing, and for them, first of all, it is important to gain experience and evaluate their strength in this direction. If efficiency and ease of operation are of primary importance to you, this option is for you.The structure consists of an awning and a frame, which is mounted using fasteners. The awning is made of a special material consisting of a three-layer fabric that scatters light. This material does not stretch, has a very decent strength and water resistance. The windows and doors are valves made of the same material as the entire tent, which are fastened with a zipper.
Indoors, thanks to the awning, all the necessary conditions for growing plants are created: humidity, optimal air temperature, adequate lighting. Moreover, lighting should be said separately: due to the special properties of the fabric, diffused sunlight enters the greenhouse, burns of plants by direct rays of the sun are excluded. Needless to say, plants are protected from such aggressive factors as wind, rain, cold.
The steel frame is covered with a corrosion-resistant coating, so the design can not be called disposable. Some versions provide additional frame elements for installing shelves.
Fasteners, bolts, nuts, rails, tensioners, stabilizers and some other parts are included with the assembly manual. To secure the structure on the ground, the supplied anchors are provided. With their help, the structure is attached to the ground.
Important! The service life of the tent greenhouse is up to 10 years, subject to operating conditions.
When assembled, the structure is easily placed in a box, where the name came from. The box is easily transported in the trunk of the car to the installation site.Standard sizes - 3 × 4 × 2 m, a height of 2 m is enough for tall plants. In addition, the height can be increased due to the foundation. And the indicated standard sizes are not the only ones available, although usually this area (12 m²) is enough, and a 3-meter width makes it possible to equip two or three beds according to standard schemes:
- 2 beds 1 m wide along the side walls, with a meter passage between them;
- 3 beds 60 cm wide, 2 of which are divided along the walls, one in the middle, 2 walkways 60 cm wide are located between the beds.
- Of the advantages of a prefabricated tent greenhouse, the following should be highlighted:
- the design is transportable due to its light weight and compactness in disassembled form;
- excellent thermal insulation properties;
- quite a long period of operation;
- tent fabric prevents ultraviolet radiation from entering the room;
- the design allows you to create a stable indoor microclimate;
- ventilation holes allow you to set the desired temperature and humidity;
- quick and easy installation;
- the fabric does not break and is durable and strong;
- foundation is not necessary.
Did you know? The Netherlands has the largest number of greenhouses in the world, their total area is 10,500 ha, which corresponds to an area equal to approximately 18,000 football fields. Moreover, the Dutch prefer traditional glazed structures, not recognizing any new trends (polycarbonate, plastic, etc.).
- It has a design and its drawbacks:
- strong hail can be a problem for the awning;
- not intended for winter;
- in winter, the tent must be removed from the frame, although the frame itself can be left;
- for the construction, more precisely, for the tent, the fire is a considerable danger, this must be borne in mind - open fire should not be close;
- the greenhouse has a large windage, a gusty wind can disrupt it.
How to assemble a new generation awning greenhouse with your own hands
To assemble the greenhouse you will not need a large number of tools - roulette, level, wrench and screwdriver will be enough. Products from different manufacturers are presented on the market, but the principle of assembly of all structures is almost the same by 90–95%, insignificant differences are only in the details.
Next, we will talk about the assembly of products manufactured by the company. ShelterLogic - a pretty popular greenhouse, the assembly of which gives a visual representation of this process, applicable to all other manufacturers.
The progress of work is as follows:
The operation of the structure is very simple: for example, in order to open the ventilation in the lower part of the structure, it is enough to raise the awning flaps and fix them with the straps intended for these purposes.
- At the place previously selected for installation and installation of the greenhouse, unpack the product by removing the screeds from the plastic. Remove all numbered items.
- According to the instructions, remove from the total mass all the elements that make up the roof, lay them out in front of you. The entire roof structure consists of cross-shaped and tee fittings, frames and battens. Lay them out on a plane according to the instructions. Difficulties should not arise, the scheme is extremely informative, and the design is logical and understandable.
- According to the instructions, connect the rails with fittings, securing them with bolts and wing nuts. Check (at all stages of assembly, not only this one) that the nut is always inside the structure, otherwise, during operation of the product, the awning can be damaged. When all mounting holes are tightened with bolts and nuts, the roof is ready. [
- The next stage is the support posts. Find the numbers of all racks in the instructions, select them, connect each other in two parts of the racks and one supporting lamb. As a result, you will have 6 finished racks.
- Of the six resulting racks, connect three to the free cavities of the fittings of one (any) of the sides of the roof, fasten with bolts and nuts (nut inside). The other side of the roof at this time should lie flat on the ground.
- Perform the previous operation on the other side of the roof using the remaining three pillars. You have practically assembled the frame.
- Locate the spreader rods (4 pcs.), Install them between the support posts of the frame, and secure with tent clips. The distance from the ground (the lower cut of the support posts) to the mounting point of the spacers should be about 0.2 m.
- The next step is to install the frame at the place of operation. Using a tape measure, measure the distance of the diagonals of the structure. Ideally, the control points of measurements should be the centers of the corner support posts, the maximum permissible error along the length between the diagonals is 2.5 cm.In addition, note that the width of both end faces, both above and below, should be the same.
- An awning should now be fixed to the installed frame. Expand it and put it on the frame so that the edges hang freely on the frame. To facilitate the installation of the awning, you can close the zippers on it up to 1/3 of the length.
- Pass the shock-absorbing cables through all the holes on the tent located in the interior of the structure. Around the roof profile, loop through the cable by the ball.
- Slide the awning rails into its sleeves on each rack, then fasten the rails with clamps. Before finally tightening the clamps, lower the staff down to the maximum. This is necessary to fully stretch the awning.
- Wrap the side strut with a cable at the junction with the spacer, and connect the cable by threading it into the anchor loop.
- Fix the anchors in the ground so that the anchor eye is no more than 5 cm from the ground. Reinforce the anchor cable with a clamp. Please note that screw anchors are a temporary option, for fixed mounting use hooks designed for this purpose.
- The next stage is ventilation openings. First of all, connect the slats of the openings (they connect without bolts and nuts). Insert the assembled slats (each of the three parts) into the sleeves located on the lower edge of the ventilation valves.
Did you know? In the winter of 1240, in honor of the arrival of the Dutch king William in Cologne, they organized a grand reception in the first winter garden in Europe, where summer flowers and flowering trees were presented. The performance caused such a stir that its organizer, gardener Albert Magnus, the Inquisition accused of witchcraft, believing that it was impossible to make such a performance without the help of evil spirits.
The ventilation located above the entrance is switched on as follows: you just need to unfasten the zipper, fold the flap and lock it.
Greenhouse Care and Maintenance Tips
Awning greenhouse is very simple and reliable, something to break in it or spoil it is extremely difficult, however, A few simple recommendations will help you use the product as long as possible and effectively:
- it is preferable to arrange the greenhouse by orienting it from east to west;
- check the tent tension monthly; the fabric should fit snugly to the frame, otherwise it will wear out quickly;
- it is recommended to pull the tent together - the process will not just go faster, so you minimize the risk of damage to the fabric;
- this design is not used in winter, and also as a capital greenhouse, it is designed for the warm season;
- the tent is not designed for loads that can create snowfall and strong wind - it must be removed for the winter;
- although for the winter period you can leave the frame assembled, but it’s better, nevertheless, to remove it too;
- it is necessary to wash and clean the awning regularly, but it is impossible to use abrasive detergents for these purposes, as well as those containing alkali or acid;
- you can’t have a greenhouse under power lines, this is extremely dangerous;
- do not install the structure near buildings, tall shrubs and trees;
- do not leave the frame with an unfastened awning without control, the fabric can be carried away by a sharp gust of wind;
- if for any reason there is snow on the structure or it is icy, remove them immediately.
Awning greenhouse is an excellent solution for summer residents who spend only the warm summer months in their possessions. Thanks to her, you can fully satisfy your own needs for early vegetables and fruits, without resorting to capital construction.
Important! Never place flammable liquids or materials inside the greenhouse, or in the immediate vicinity of it.