The main features of the Great Russian hives
In modern conditions of development of the agricultural complex, the issue of obtaining sufficient volumes of honey is relevant, therefore, there may be a need to optimize this process. To do this, it is recommended to make a Great Russian hive. Being convenient in operation and easy to build, such a bee house will provide insects with comfortable living conditions and honey collection.
Description and design characteristics of Great Russian hives
The Great Russian hive was designed and constructed by Baran Vladimir.
A feature of the above bee "house" is thatthat it can function for a long time without human help. Further, the article will describe the Great Russian hive and give positive and negative characteristics of this design.
Did you know? After the death of the uterus, after two hours, the bee family makes a decision to withdraw a new one.
- Advantages of the Great Russian hive:
- The humidity indicator of the internal space is minimal: the expansion and narrowing of the housing socket is practically absent.
- The nest itself imitates a tree hollow, which is convenient not only for keeping insects, but also for beekeepers when taking honey from standard frames of 435 x 145 mm.
- A board with cuts or an air corridor (cut is a space left in the board by a woodworking tool) helps to maintain the required temperature regime.
- Nest and honey parts have increased ventilation.
- The disadvantages of this design:
- Hive height;
- Poor wind resistance.
DIY manufacturing technology for Great Russian beehives
To make a hive yourself, you must prepare materials and tools, as well as perform a drawing based on the measurements taken. The following is the process technology and how to equip a house for bees from the inside.This hive - man-made design for long-term residence of honey bees. If the beekeeper does not give due attention to the bee family, it is doomed to death.
Materials and tools for manufacturing
It should be noted that the following developments in the field of beekeeping were used as a sample for this design:
- Duplyanka (deck, bee trap) that determines the shape and volume of the nest.
- Beehive of Nikolai Vitvitsky, was first made in 1828 and is the world's first hive hive - a dome-shaped appearance and the principle of maintaining tightness were borrowed from it.
- The hive of Peter Prokopovich, construction in 1814, the world's first frame hive. Served as a model of size and volume, the device of the nesting part. In the construction of P. Prokopovich, a board with cuts 12 mm wide was used, which was borrowed by Baran V.
In order to independently make a hive, it is necessary to prepare the appropriate materials, namely:
- coniferous wood (dry);
- galvanized iron;
- stainless mesh;
- Dry coniferous wood 2.5-3.5 cm thick for internal and external walls.
- Since the lid of the product is standard and flat, you will need an iron lining.
- Nest frames, the size of which should be 30 x 60 cm, having a mount on the inner wall of the hive.
Important! The maximum number of bee frames in Velikorussky hive is 12 pieces.
In addition, the work will need tools:
- self-tapping screws;
- thin wire.
Drawings and Dimensions
Options hive Velikorussky:
- stainless steel bottom that protects bees from ticks;
- inner frame for 8 frames. The size of the nesting frames is 300 x 600 mm ;;
- outer casing;
- Dadan's corps - 2 pcs;
- 12 frames measuring 435 x 145 mm;
- standard flat roof reinforced with galvanized iron.
Hive equipment inside
Inside, the hive is equipped with elements such as:
- store frame;
- nesting frames;
- airbag, outboard (shield) (used during wintering).
Bee Keeping Rules
In winter, bees are not able to independently create the desired temperature regime, they spend more feed, brood feeding decreases.
Video: shelter and ventilation in the hive for the winter
Therefore, the beekeeper must pay due attention to the wintering of bees, namely:
- Ensure proper air exchange and optimal humidity level in the hives.
- Place in the house top dressing - two honeycombs with perga (protein feed).
- Pay attention to the condition of insects. The calm behavior of bees, without signs of hum, indicates the presence of a sufficient amount of food. When the bees are stuffy, they behave uneasily, so it is necessary to increase the ventilation of the winter house, its underground, or the hives themselves.
Did you know? The uterus can lay up to 2000 eggs per day. She and working insects will never leave their offspring unattended - if there are larvae, it is the duty of the bee to feed them.
Manipulations that must be done for the successful maintenance of honey insects:
- Once a month, starting from the second decade of January, it is necessary to check the condition of bees in the hives.
- When brood appears in families, and the temperature inside the nest rises to + 34 ° C, insects need to be fed. To do this, prepare a sugar cake with the addition of pollen and put it under the canvas on the frame.
- Recipe for a tortilla. In ripe honey (1 kg), warmed up to + 40 ... + 45 ° С, add 4 kg of powdered sugar, knead the dough, add warm water (1 l for 10 kg of ingredients). At the end of February, it was recommended to introduce water with the obligatory addition of medicinal herbs: yarrow, bitter wormwood, coniferous infusion.
The main task for the beekeeper - never stop taking care of the bees, neither in winter nor in summer, and then they will reward him handsomely for his work.
Video: useful tips for the beekeeper
Tips from experienced beekeepers
For the successful maintenance of bee families in the hive, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with the advice of experienced beekeepers.
- To prepare the apiary for wintering, it is necessary to unite weak families or join them to stronger ones.
- You need to check the inventory, take care of the framework with the wax, so that they are enough during the expansion of families.
- Families with young queens tolerate winter better.
- Weak brood may be due to the lack of protein feed in the hives for wintering.
- You must have a stock of frames with honey and perga. Only those cells where the cells are completely sealed should be stored.
- Beekeepers should be able to listen and understand the bees - if after hitting the side wall of the hive the noise is not friendly, most likely the insects do not have enough food. And if the sound of the bee buzz in the hive is weak and the insects are inactive, this may mean the death of the uterus, or in the winter the bee family left without it.
Important! Each beekeeper at the end of February and throughout March should conduct a set of treatment and preventive measures using the antibacterial drugs indicated by the veterinarian. Disinfect the entire inventory of the apiary: beehives, frames, planks, honey extracts, insulation materials.
In the process of building a hive, the experience of the beekeeper and the attitude to the bees themselves play an important role. A beehive for honeybee insects is the key to a prosperous existence and reproduction, therefore it is so important to strictly adhere to measurements and the technology for making bee dwellings.