Features of the effect of strawberries on the body of pregnant women
Nutrition during pregnancy significantly affects the intrauterine development and future immunity of the child, so you need to seriously approach the issue of daily diet. This article will focus on strawberries, its benefits, norms and rules of use.
Did you know? The composition of strawberries includes substances similar in chemical structure to aspirin, so the berry helps with headaches.
The chemical composition of strawberries
The berry has a rich composition, 100 g contains:
|Vitamin C||120 mg|
In addition, in lower concentrations are present:
- P-active substances;
- folic acid;
- vitamin A;
- B vitamins;
Can I use during pregnancy?
The frequency and quantity of the consumed product directly depends on the gestational age. Indeed, during each trimester, the fetus develops differently and, accordingly, needs a variety of nutrients.
In the early stages
At the beginning of pregnancy, it is necessary to approach this product with caution. It stimulates the contraction of the walls of the uterus, which are already in good shape most of the time. Excessive activity of muscle fibers of the organ can lead to termination of pregnancy.The optimal dose is considered to be no more than 100 g per day, provided that there are no contraindications.
In the second trimester
During this period, there is a danger of allergies in the unborn baby. From 22 weeks, the fetal immune system begins to respond to all kinds of irritants, including strawberries. The product should be excluded from the diet if one of the parents has an individual intolerance to it. If such reactions are not found, it is allowed to consume no more than 100 g of berries per day.
In the third trimester
In the later stages, the product brings maximum benefits to the female body:
- relieves swelling;
- lowers blood pressure;
- strengthens the musculoskeletal system.
Important! 14 days before the intended birth, strawberries are completely excluded from the diet
What is strawberry useful for a pregnant woman?
Due to its rich composition, the berry has a positive effect on the health of the expectant mother and her fetus.
- Its benefits are as follows:
- strengthens the protective functions of the body and acts as an antiseptic;
- normalizes the functioning of the digestive system;
- relieves symptoms of toxicosis;
- strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- regulates metabolic processes.
Rules and regulations for use
When eating berries, it is important to adhere to a number of simple recommendations:
- not to eat on an empty stomach and at bedtime;
- consume in small portions, up to 1 cup, not more than 2-3 times a week;
- give preference to fresh fruits;
- in winter you can treat yourself to strawberry jam and home-made jam;
- make, as topping, in cottage cheese and yoghurts.
How to choose high-quality berries when buying and how to store them correctly?
How much benefit the eaten berry will bring depends on its quality.
So, when choosing a product, you need to pay attention to the following:
- Smell. A quality vitamin treat has a delicate, characteristic aroma.
- Appearance. Bracts should be green, not lethargic and fit snugly on the berry. Homemade strawberries may be slightly greenish, as they mature after purchase.
- The size. Fruits of medium and smaller sizes are considered sweeter.
Store the product in the refrigerator at a temperature of 0 ...- 2 ° C. To preserve the taste, the berry is placed in a plastic container or a loose bag.
Important! It is necessary to wash strawberries immediately before serving, otherwise, it will lose its elasticity, and the juice will begin to stand out prematurely.
Harm and possible contraindications
- It is not recommended to add strawberries to the diet, for women with:
- individual intolerance to the product;
- diseases of the stomach, duodenum;
Strawberry is a berry rich in nutrients that has a positive effect on the human body, including women during the period of bearing a child. Doctors say that a wide variety of foods in moderation can be included in the diet of pregnant women, the main thing is to monitor the body's reaction.