Features Peach Juice
Ancient Greeks and Romans considered peach juice "nectar of the gods." And in China, which is considered the birthplace of peaches, these fruits were called "immortal." Today, a drink of these fruits is loved in almost all countries. The article will talk about the mineral composition of juice, methods of use and benefits for the body.
Description and characteristics of peach juice
Juice is a liquid food product obtained by pressing ripe fruits. Distinguish these types of drink:
- freshly squeezed;
- canned (went through the pasteurization process and poured into glass containers);
- with pulp.
Important! To check the purchased drink for naturalness and the presence of dyes, it must be heated - the natural product will discolor.
The chemical composition and calorie content of peach juice
|Nutritional and energy value of 100 g of product:||Vitamins:|
Peach drink contains a lot of carbohydrates at a low calorie content. In its composition 100 g of the product contains the following vitamins and minerals
For those who lead a healthy lifestyle and calculate the calorie intake, We provide background information on the calorie content of the drink in various volumes:
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) - 3.4 kcal;
- 1 tablespoon (18 ml) - 12.24 kcal;
- 1 cup (250 ml) - 170 kcal;
- 1 pack (1000 ml) - 680 kcal.
Did you know? In China, peach is a symbol of good luck and longevity.
Useful properties of juice for the human body
The benefits of natural fruit juices are undeniable, and the benefits of a peach drink are no exception. Freshly squeezed product is a source of enzymes that act as catalysts for the body's chemical reactions and pure organic water, which is found only in fresh plant foods. Canned drinks (homemade or purchased) are cooked, and preservatives are added to preserve them.As a result, part of natural sugars, enzymes and nutrients are destroyed, and organic water becomes inanimate and similar to tap water. A fresh product contains biologically active elements and vitamins that are quickly absorbed into the digestive tract and absorbed by the body, take part in biochemical processes, accelerate metabolism, and remove harmful products sharing. Regular and moderate intake of the drink will give vitality and energy, calm the nerves, strengthen the immune system. After all, even the appearance of the drink is joyful and uplifting.
Important! From 25 kg of peaches with the addition of 300-400 g of sugar, approximately 12 liters of juice and 4.5 kg of squeezes are obtained, from which peach jam can be prepared.
Peach juice rarely causes allergies, therefore, it is recommended to include it as food for children up to a year, but its laxative effect should be taken into account. The sweetness of the drink avoids sweetening it with table sugar.To treat enuresis, children are given peach juice (200 ml) with ground poppy seeds (1 tsp).The drink helps to restore strength and is used in baby food as a general strengthening agent, improves the digestion of the child and the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract due to dietary fiber
- The benefit of the product for the functioning of the organism as a whole can be traced by the influence of individual elements:
- the low glycemic index (GI = 40) of the juice contributes to the normal level of glucose in the blood, that is, even diabetics can consume juice in moderate amounts;
- low calorie content allows you to use the product on fasting days when carrying out a special juice diet - metabolism improves, and fat deposits do not accumulate;
- potassium normalizes the water-salt and electrolyte balance, the work of the cardiovascular system and pressure, and in interaction with sodium it accelerates the metabolism and eliminates edema;
- iron is involved in the production of red blood cells and prevents the occurrence of glandular anemia and anemia;
- copper contributes to the delivery of iron from the body’s reserves, promotes its absorption and production of red bodies, provides the movement of oxygen to the muscles;
- magnesium, zinc and vitamin B3 (niacin) give peach juice tonic and anti-stress properties, relieving anxiety and nervousness, strengthen cell membranes and blood vessel walls, giving them flexibility and elasticity;
- soluble fiber normalizes the secretion of bile, eliminates stagnant processes in the gallbladder and liver, speeds up digestion and stimulates the production of gastric juice;
- the drink weakens slightly, which acts as a mild laxative and helps get rid of constipation;
- peach juice, as a rule, contains pulp consisting of pectin and dietary fiber, which allows you to slow down the absorption of sugar, and, therefore, resist the gain in excess weight;
- the drink helps cleanse the body of toxins and toxins and better digestion of fatty and heavy foods, slows down the aging process.
Norms and rules of use
Recommendations for taking freshly squeezed peach juice:
- you need to prepare a drink immediately before use (in 10-15 minutes), since biologically active substances are rapidly destroyed by air and light;
- it is better to drink before meals (for 20-30 minutes) so that it has time to absorb in the stomach and its positive effect on the body begins (intake after eating can cause flatulence and bloating);
- organic acids of the drink are able to negatively affect tooth enamel, so it is advisable to drink juice through a tube in small sips to dilute with saliva, and then rinse your mouth;
- peach juice should not be mixed with other fruit and vegetable juices;
- the drink is quite sweet, so do not sweeten it with table sugar;
- juice is not suitable for quenching thirst, because it contains nutrients and the stomach perceives them as food;
- you can not drink on an empty stomach in order to avoid irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines;
- you must observe moderation and drink in accordance with the recommended standards.
Important! In parallel with juices, you need to consume enough vegetables and fruits to make up for the required amount of fiber, which remains in the squeezes after making the drink.
- in the absence of contraindications - 200 ml per day;
- with heart rhythm disturbances, with gastritis, high acidity, diabetes - 50-60 ml;
- the norm (in ml) for children up to a year is calculated by the formula: the age of the child in months, multiplied by 10, because by the year the norm will be 120 ml.
Peach Juice Applications
A thick and aromatic drink is used not only in cooking as a food product, but also in the beauty industry as a cosmetic product, and in medicine as a healing one.
In cooking, juice can be used not only as a standalone drink, but also in cooking as an ingredient:
- pastries, desserts - syrups, sorbets, creams;
- drinks - cocktails, fruit drinks, smoothies;
- jelly and marmalade;
- sauces and gravy;
- marinades for meat, chicken, fish;
- salad dressings.
Peaches have a short shelf life, and in the summer season you can prepare a drink at home on your own. So you will be confident in its naturalness and quality. Fruits should be environmentally friendly, ripe and without signs of spoilage. The drink is obtained using a juicer, a juicer or simply grated through a fine sieve, peaches boiled with a small amount of water.Next, the product must be warmed up to a temperature of + 85 ° C for 5-10 minutes and poured into sterilized jars, which must be sealed. Peaches are fairly sweet fruits, but you can prepare a drink with sugar if necessary. Now it will be called nectar. Sugar is added to taste, and it serves as a preservative in the product.
Given the useful properties of substances and elements in the composition of the product and their effect on the human body, for medicinal purposes, juice is used in such cases:
- decreased acidity of the stomach;
- functional dyspepsia;
- diseases of the kidneys, liver and gall bladder.
Did you know? The founder of juice therapy was American dietitian Norman Walker, who lived 99 years and widely advocates such a method of treatment in his books and on his own experience.
The use of the product for treatment, the norms of use and methods should be clarified by the attending physician and consult with specialists. In addition, peach juice is rich in vitamins and minerals and can prevent the development of anemia. The drink can be included on fasting days and diets when losing weight, because it supports a feeling of satiety at a low calorie content and speeds up metabolic processes. It is easy and pleasant for them to replace high-calorie sweets.Peach juice with ginger can be a good tool in the fight against toxicosis in pregnant women
In the beauty and cosmetology industry, juice is considered one of the most effective and is suitable for any type of skin. It smoothes fine wrinkles, refreshes, brightens and moisturizes the skin. Fruit acids eliminate peeling and remove dead skin cells of the epidermis.
The application methods are as follows:
- tonics for face and body (mixed with watermelon juice);
- pulp masks for aging skin with the addition of starch;
- for whitening age spots and freckles (with the addition of oatmeal);
- nourishing masks with the addition of milk or cream;
- softening masks with the addition of yolk and cottage cheese.
Did you know? Peach is widely used in national cuisines: in Japan they bake New Year’s bread, in the Czech Republic they stuff chicken with peaches, and in China they cook “peaches of longevity”, which are actually buns that look like fruits in shape and color.
Possible contraindications for use
- Like any product, peach juice has, in addition to useful characteristics, contraindications and warnings in use:
- useful substances of the product in high concentrations can have an unpredictable effect on the body, so moderation and norms of use should be observed;
- expansive and easily excitable people should limit the use of the drink, especially before bedtime, because of the tonic properties;
- you should not drink juice in excess of consumption in diabetes and obesity;
- with the manifestation of allergic reactions or individual intolerance;
- with exacerbation of gastric diseases, increased acidity and diarrhea;
- you can’t drink juice or drink pills with them when treating diseases with medicines, namely antibiotics (in particular, Erythromycin) and antipyretic drugs, due to a decrease in the effect of drugs.
Household storage rules
It is recommended to drink freshly squeezed product from a regular juicer with a centrifuge and knives immediately after preparation, since it is unsuitable for storage. Cold-pressed juice or a drink in an open can in the refrigerator can retain beneficial properties for 2-3 days.The drink prepared for the winter in hermetically sealed cans is stored in the pantry or basement at a temperature not exceeding + 15 ° С. It is advisable to use it for a year.Peach juice is a source of vitamins and minerals, and its color, taste and aroma can lift the mood. The use of juice is wide and varied. Having spent insignificant efforts and means, it is possible to prepare a life-giving drink for the winter.