Features of the use of milk with cough onions for children
Cough milk with onions is used for treatment in many families. A popular folk remedy has its own characteristics of preparation and use, which are described in detail below.
The chemical composition and calorie content of milk with onions
To prepare the product, milk with a fat content of at least 2.5% and onions is used. Such ingredients provide 100 g of the drink with the following composition:
- about 4 g of protein;
- 2.5-3.5 g of fat;
- approximately 10 g of carbohydrates (depending on the amount of onion used);
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B9 and B12, C, D, E and K;
- calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and sodium.
The calorie content of the product directly depends on the fat content of milk and will be approximately 50–65 kcal per 100 g. With the addition of additional components, such as honey or sugar, this value will increase significantly.
Did you know? A glass after milk should be rinsed with cold water, because in hot water, milk protein becomes sticky and tough, and as a result is poorly washed off.
Useful properties of components
- Milk, which is the basis of a healing drink, has the following beneficial properties:
- restores strength due to a high percentage of protein and fat;
- regulates the body's metabolic processes;
- It has a bactericidal effect and strengthens the immune system;
- relieves irritation and inflammation of the skin, mucous membranes.
- Onions have long been used in various recipes of traditional medicine, providing the following effects:
- strengthens the immune system and counteracts viruses due to volatile production;
- improves appetite and assimilation of food;
- is an excellent antiseptic.
What symptoms and diseases help?
The drink has a softening and expectorant effect, which facilitates the separation of sputum and a strong cough is faster. Such treatment will be effective in the following diseases:
- laryngitis and pharyngitis;
- severe cough with SARS or ARI.
How does it affect the body of children?
This remedy allows the child to cope with a debilitating cough faster and significantly reduces the likelihood of using chemicals with various side effects. Drink has a calming and warming effect on the child's body.
Important! The milk used for the baby must undergo pasteurization or sterilization.
Prescriptions for medicinal products based on milk with onions
There are several options for such a drink, which differ in both the preparation technology and the composition.
The most popular recipes are:
Rules and regulations for use
Adults should take 1 tbsp. spoon of medicine every hour for 4-5 days, while relief should come within 1-2 days. For children, the indicated dosage should be reduced by 2 times.
Important! Treatment of severe cough in children of any age must be carried out under the supervision of a doctor!
Contraindications and possible side effects
Contraindication to the use of this mixture is individual intolerance to its components, diabetes and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Not recommended it is also for infants (up to 1 year old), since modern pediatricians do not advise giving babies cow milk at this age.
The finished drink can be stored in the refrigerator within 1-2 days, placing it in a hermetically sealed container. Then it’s better to prepare a fresh medicine.
Using milk with onions in the treatment of coughing can significantly alleviate the symptoms of the disease. The drink is easy to prepare and is suitable for most patients.