Features apricot juice
Apricot juice is loved by adults and children because of the delicate and pleasant taste, as well as beneficial properties. The benefits and possible dangers of the drink will be discussed in this article.
Description and characteristics of apricot juice
Apricot juice is a drink made from the fruits of an apricot tree. It is characterized by increased acidity, the presence of a large amount of pulp, a rich sweet and sour taste, an orange color.
Did you know? The calorie content of 100 g of apricots is 48 kcal. But after drying, it increases almost 6 times - 100 g of dried apricots contains 241 kcal.
The chemical composition and calorie content of apricot juice
Juice from the fruits of the apricot tree contains a large number of elements useful to the human body. For humans, it is a source of vitamin A and beta carotene. The first element in 100 ml of the drink contains 24.1% of the daily norm for the body, the second - 26%.
Also, the juice is rich in vitamins B1, B2, C, E, PP. Of the macro- and microelements, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, and iron are present in it. Saturated orange color to the drink and fruits of the apricot tree is given by carotenoids.The calorie content of 100 ml of juice is 55 kcal. The same amount of the drink contains 0.5 g of protein, 12.7 g of carbohydrates, 1.3 g of dietary fiber, 84.3 g of water. There are no fats in it.
Useful properties of juice for the human body
Of course, the most beneficial action is exerted by a natural freshly squeezed product, in which sugar is not additionally added. Canned - less useful, especially one that contains a small amount of pulp.
The pulp contains the main percentage of carotene.
For children, apricot juice is primarily useful because of its vitamin and mineral composition and the presence of pectins.
Important! Pediatricians are advised to administer apricot juice to babies from 8 months old, starting with a teaspoon, gradually bringing the volume to 50 ml per day. Children over 12 months old are allowed to drink up to 150 ml per day.
- The substances present in the juice lead to the following positive effects on the child's body:
- gently cleanses the intestines and relieves constipation;
- strengthens the immune system;
- improves the functioning of the nervous, muscle and bone systems;
- improves appetite;
- normalizes kidney function;
- stimulates brain activity;
- positive effect on teeth, hair, nails, eyesight;
- prevents the development of dysbiosis.
Adults will also benefit from regular consumption of apricot juice.
- He is capable of:
- improve mood, general well-being, metabolism;
- cleanse the body of toxins and toxins;
- prevent the development of anemia, vitamin deficiency, obesity, malfunctioning of the thyroid gland;
- to normalize body weight;
- to establish the work of the intestines, blood formation, blood pressure;
- balance microflora;
- strengthen the heart muscle.
With external use of the drink, inflammatory manifestations on the skin can be removed.
Norms and rules of use
Apricot juice benefits only with moderate consumption. How much a person can drink this drink per day depends on the age and state of his health. Permissible daily rates are given in the table:
|An adult who does not have health problems.||100-600 ml|
|Having minor disturbances in the digestive system||100 ml in the morning and evening|
|With minor violations in the activity of the genitourinary system||300–600 ml, dividing them into 3–6 meals between meals|
|During pregnancy||100-150 ml|
The drink should not be drunk on an empty stomach, as well as in combination with foods that are difficult to digest by the digestive system - fatty, meaty. This can lead to disruptions in the digestive tract.
Important! The maximum allowable dose should not be drunk at a time, but gradually, in small volumes throughout the day.
How to make apricot juice at home
A natural apricot tree drink is easy to make at home.
To do this, you must:
- Wash fruits under running water.
- Divide each fruit into 2 parts.
- Remove bones.
- Place in a blender and mash. For lack of a blender, use a pusher or a fork.
- Squeeze juice through cheesecloth.
To get a drink without pulp, you should fold the gauze in several layers or use a sieve.To be able to drink in the winter, it must be preserved. There are many recipes. Check out the most popular.
- Combine 3 liters of freshly squeezed drink with juice of 2-3 lemons and 3 tbsp. l granulated sugar.
- Place the container on the stove, on a small fire.
- Boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour hot liquid into previously sterilized containers.
- Roll up the covers.
- Turn the cans upside down.
- Wrap up for a day.
- After cooling, place the product container in a storage place.
- A drink prepared from 2 kg of fruit, with 200 g of granulated sugar and 1.5 l of water placed on a stove, on a small fire.
- Boil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously and removing the foam.
- Pour hot over the banks.
- Roll up the covers.
- Mix mashed potatoes of 1.5 kg apricot with 1 liter of pumpkin juice.
- Pour 100 g of granulated sugar.
- Boil again.
- Pour into containers.
- Roll up the covers.
Cooking should be done in an enamel bowl, otherwise the drink will become dark, unappealing in appearance.
Scopes of apricot juice
Apricot tree drink is used not only in cooking, but also in traditional medicine and cosmetology.
Apricot drink is a part of cocktails, ice cream, jelly, mousses, creams.Canned fruits “in their own juice” are used as a filling for confectionery. Jams, compotes are made from fruits, marmalade and pastille are made.
The benefits of a drink from the fruits of apricot trees were known in antiquity. He was appreciated and considered an effective treatment for many diseases in ancient Chinese medicine.
The drink is regularly advised to drink to those who have suffered serious illnesses or surgical interventions and are in the recovery phase.For problems with the gastrointestinal tract, such as dysbiosis, colitis, flatulence, traditional healers recommend drinking it every day in the morning and in the evening, not exceeding the maximum dose of half a glass.
A freshly squeezed drink helps to cope with the problems of the urinary system, having a diuretic effect.
Apricot juice is part of many cosmetic products. Its tonic and nourishing properties are used in masks made for skin with a tendency to dryness, withering and rapid aging.Since the drink is able to accelerate the healing of wounds and relieve inflammation, it is recommended to use it on the skin damaged by acne, various irritations, and also to prevent the development of these problems.
Did you know? The country of origin of the apricot is not exactly established. It is indicated from 3 to 6 centers where this tree originated. Previously, Armenia was considered his homeland and was called the Armenian apple. Today, most scientists suggest that the apricot hails from China.
Not all people can drink an apricot drink.
- It is contraindicated for categories of people who have the following health problems:
- individual intolerance;
- hepatitis C;
- inflammatory processes in the liver;
- acute pancreatitis;
- exacerbation of stomach ulcers and gastritis.
With caution and in minimal doses, drink the drink to people aged who have been diagnosed with thyroid problems, arrhythmia, bradycardia, and obesity.
You should not give juice to children under the age of 6 months, as well as drink it to nursing mothers.
Household storage rules
Freshly squeezed juice is especially useful for 20-30 minutes after pressing. In the future, he will gradually lose vitamins, minerals, and hence beneficial properties. At room temperature, it can be stored for 2 hours.In the refrigerator, it should be stored in closed containers made of glass. The maximum shelf life is 1 day. In plastic containers, the storage time is reduced to 12 hours.
Canned food should be stored at room temperature, in a dark and dry place, away from heating appliances. The shelf life of cooked and rolled, taking into account the correct technology, juice - up to 12 months.
After opening the can, it can be stored in the refrigerator for no longer than 48 hours. So, apricot juice is a tasty and healthy drink that is easy to prepare at home. Before you enter it into your daily diet, you should make sure that you are not included in the category of people to whom it is contraindicated, and you should also familiarize yourself with the acceptable daily allowance .