How to make grape juice, benefits and harms for the body
Grape juice is not only tasty, but also a very healthy drink, especially if you cook it at home from natural ingredients. Consider a detailed description of the best recipes and tips for choosing a store drink.
Grape Juice Properties
Grape juice, depending on the state of health of the human body, can have both positive and negative effects.
It is useful to know who is recommended the sweet drink, and who better to refrain from drinking it, and what harm the body can do if you do not follow the recommendations.
Did you know? Grapes are the first berry that people began to cultivate. It happened 6 thousand years BC. e.
The list of useful grapes looks long and extremely versatile.
- Freshly squeezed drink is capable of:
- to normalize the composition of the blood;
- cleanse the liver;
- activate blood formation processes;
- beneficial effect on the work of the heart and blood vessels;
- normalize metabolic processes in the body;
- remove toxins and toxins;
- reduce joint pain;
- increase the number of red blood cells in plasma;
- increase hemoglobin;
- lower cholesterol;
- increase the body's resistance to a large number of common viruses;
- normalize blood pressure;
- reduce the chance of getting breast cancer;
- increase brain activity;
- have a positive effect on the condition of the skin (also effective for restoring hair, nails);
- resist the development of cataracts and myopia.
- The product is shown to people who suffer:
- tuberculosis in the initial stages;
- bronchial asthma;
- kidney diseases (nephritis, nephrosis);
- metabolic disorders;
- colds and viral diseases;
- joint diseases (gout, rheumatism);
- neurosis and neurasthenia, insomnia;
- cardiovascular diseases (hypotension and hypertension).
Any, even the most useful product, can harm the body if you do not follow the recommendations for use, or drink a drink when there are contraindications.
- Harmful effects are manifested by the occurrence of:
- heaviness and distention of the stomach;
- an allergic reaction in the form of a skin rash.
- Contraindications to drink include:
- obesity and diabetes, as the product contains a large amount of sugar;
- caries - the product is able to destroy tooth enamel and worsen existing problems with teeth;
- gastric and duodenal ulcer due to the acidity of the drink;
- cirrhosis of the liver - the product provokes a deterioration in the patient's condition.
Important! Some products in combination with grape juice can cause severe gastrointestinal upset, so avoid sharing a sweet drink with raw milk, vegetables and fruits, alcohol, and fatty foods.
In order for the body to benefit from the use of the drink, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules of use:
- The amount of drunk grape juice per day should not exceed 500 ml.
- You can drink a drink between the main meals, you can not drink food (the interval between food and drink should be at least 40 minutes).
- It is better to drink the drink through a tube so that the liquid has minimal contact with the teeth.
- After using the drink, it is better to rinse your mouth with clean cold water.
Features and main methods of making juice from grapes
To be sure of the quality of the product used, it is recommended to prepare a healthy drink on your own, given that there are a lot of recipes.
Grape selection and preparation of grapes
For preparation, technical varieties are usually chosen, although canteens can also be used to produce a quality drink. Grapes of technical varieties are more juicy, so in the process of processing it will turn out much more drink.
Table varieties usually have a lower sugar content, but their taste and aroma are not as pronounced as those used for producing wines with a complex bouquet of aromas.
Important! In order not to spoil the taste of juice, when choosing grapes, one should take into account the fact that some technical grape varieties have a tart flavor, therefore they are not used in the preparation of this drink.
To make a fragrant and tasty drink, you can mix different grapes - technical and table.
The best white grape varieties for processing are considered “Bianca”, “White Delight”, “Chardonnay”, “Viorico”, “Phoenix”. Dark varieties suitable for processing are Regent, Orion, Cabernet, Isabella.
Dark grape varieties have a light flesh, but the juice obtained from such berries will have a deep blue color, since in the process of processing the raw materials, the dark peel, consisting of a persistent dark pigment, can stain the liquid strongly.
For processing, clean clusters are chosen, without traces of rot, damage or signs of illness. If the berries are covered with a characteristic wax coating, dust or have impurities, they are pre-washed under running water and dried well. After washing, all berries are removed from the bunches for more efficient processing.
How to make juice at home
There are a large number of cooking recipes, the following are the best of them.
Classic simple recipe
Preservation with pulp allows you to get a tasty drink. You can preserve it without pulp, but then after boiling the product is insisted for 5 hours (to saturate the taste), strain and boil again to avoid fermentation of the drink during storage.
water to cover the grapes
about 1 l
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Prepared pure grapes are poured into a 4-liter pan and poured with water so that it covers the berries. The pan is placed on the stove and the medium heat is turned on.
- While the drink is brewing, prepare the container. To do this, you need a 3 liter can and a metal lid. The jar is pre-washed well and dried.
- In the process of boiling a drink, a lot of foam appears, so it is periodically removed with a spoon.
- When the liquid boils, it is boiled for another 1 minute. After this, the hot drink along with the pulp is poured into the prepared container to the top.
- The bones and peel that float to the surface are cleaned.
- The jar is covered with a lid and closed with a seaming key.
- Preservation can be stored all winter in a cool, dark place. After uncorking the cans, the liquid is filtered through a sieve to get rid of the bones and peel.
Video recipeClassic simple recipeVideo recipe: Classic simple recipe
Grape Apple Juice
Other fruit ingredients are often added to grape juice to make the flavor more varied. For example, you can cook the popular grape and apple juice, which will require.
4 cans of 1 l45 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pass the prepared grapes through a juicer, pour the resulting liquid into a separate bowl.
- Cut the washed dry apples, remove the middle and pass through the juicer, filter through a sieve and mix with the grape part.
- Wash the lemons thoroughly and pour over boiling water to get rid of the chemicals that are processed by citrus fruits for better preservation.Then roll them on the table, pressing them with your palm to achieve better juice removal from the pulp. Squeeze juice from lemons, filter and mix with the berry-fruit part.
- In an enameled pan, over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil (immediately after boiling, remove from heat).
- Pour the liquid into the jars and cover with metal lids, put in a pan with water and sterilize for 20 minutes.
- Clog sterilized jars with metal caps using a sealing key.
- Cover preservation with a warm blanket and leave to cool completely, then - take it out to a cool dark place for storage.
4 cans of 1 l45 min.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pass the prepared grapes through a juicer and filter 2 times through a fine sieve, pour into a saucepan.
- Rinse lemon and grapefruit thoroughly, peel and white films, send to a juicer. Strain the resulting liquid.
- Boil water, add sugar and cinnamon, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour hot sweet syrup into the lemon-grapefruit portion.
- Mix the grape portion with grapefruit syrup and send to the stove for boiling for 10 minutes.
- Pour the resulting product into sterilized jars and seal them with metal lids.
Useful tips for getting quality juice
To make grape juice quality and tasty, it is recommended to pay attention to the following tips:
- In the filtered home product during storage, tartar appears, which makes the liquid cloudy and slightly spoils the taste, so you should get rid of it. To do this, after 3 months of preservation storage (when the tartar precipitates), it is uncorked and brought to a boil, then it is poured into cans and re-sealed.
- In the manufacture of strictly adhere to the recipe, otherwise the drink may ferment. A fermented product becomes unusable, but can be used to make grape wine.
- To get a good drink, you can mix different varieties, sweet and sour, to balance the taste.
- If the grape juice is too sugary, it can be mixed with fruit or citrus.
- When using acidic grapes, sugar is added to it and the mixture is diluted with water.
How to choose a purchased grape juice
Typically, grape juice is produced in cardboard multilayer bags or glass bottles. It can be stored in glass for longer, but glass transmits light well and the quality of the product suffers greatly.Therefore, it is better to purchase a drink in a cardboard container that protects the contents from direct sunlight. When choosing a product, pay attention to the expiration date and packaging condition (absence of wet joints, damage). Be sure to read the composition.
If flavors and dyes are found, then such a drink cannot be called juice, and it is better not to buy it. The correct composition of a quality drink is only grape juice, a small amount of sugar or water is allowed.
If after purchasing a product you doubt its quality, you can carry out a check at home. To do this, pour some purchased juice into a glass and add baking soda on the tip of the knife.
If it changes color and becomes darker - the product is natural, if nothing changes - the juice contains chemistry.
Did you know? Grapes - the only culture in the world, which has more than 10 thousand varieties.
Thus, grape juice is very useful if you follow the recommendations for consumption and drink a quality product, preferably home-made. It remains only to choose among the many recipes the best and correctly prepare the juice.