The best recipes for aronia with apples
Chokeberry (chokeberry) is a truly valuable plant, because the berries of the bush contain a huge amount of vitamin C, not to mention other important components. Together, they contribute to the normalization of the digestive tract, nervous system and can be used in the treatment of diseases of the liver and gall bladder. Perhaps that is why recipes for making jam based on the berries of a plant are becoming increasingly popular, especially since they are distinguished by their availability.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The full list of products for creating a healthy winter harvest depends on the recipe you choose, but in most cases, the main components of such a treat will be rowan berries themselves, as well as water and sugar.
Did you know? Chokeberry berries extract is effective in treating cancer of the pancreas, as it enhances the effects of pharmaceuticals.
In addition to them, apples, walnuts, lemons (citric acid) and even cinnamon are often used, which should enhance the taste of the finished product. Of course, all products should be as fresh and of high quality, without signs of spoilage. First of all, this concerns the main ingredient - the chokeberry itself.
For jam, only fully ripened berries, elastic and juicy, without stalks and other debris, are suitable. The requirements for apples are similar, because, like rowan berries, they must be fully ripe, without spots and rotten places. Seeds from fruits are always removed before use, and the berries and fruits themselves are washed under a stream of clean water.
Chokeberry jam recipes
There are many recipes for preparations based on rowan berries, but each housewife seeks to choose the simplest and most delicious option for making jam, so examples of such solutions are given below.
Classic Jam Five Minute
1.5 l40–45 minutes
Energy value per 100 g of product:
- First of all, prepare rowan berries by removing the stalks, vegetable debris and washing them well under running water.
- Pour the cleaned fruits with boiling water, and then rinse again quickly with cold running water, leaving in a colander until the liquid drains completely.
- While the mountain ash dries, start making syrup by mixing water and sugar in a separate container and boiling the mixture.
- Pour the berries into a saucepan with syrup and, gently mixing, bring to a boil. Once the mixture boils, leave it to boil for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and insist for at least 6 hours (preferably in a cool place).
- After the specified time, the jam needs to be mixed again and boiled again for 2-3 minutes. Cool the treat and leave it in a cool place for 6-8 hours to insist.
- Before rolling the workpiece, sterilize the jars and lids, and then boil the jam for the last time (again, 2-3 minutes) and pour into prepared containers, closing with metal lids.
- At the end of the process, it remains only to wrap up the inverted cans and, having waited for their complete cooling under room conditions, transfer to a cool room.
Classic jam Five-minute Video recipe: Classic jam Five-minute
Important! Be sure to turn the container upside down, especially if self-closing caps are used. So you determine exactly if the containers are tightly closed and if there is a leak of jam.
With apples and walnuts
2–2.5 l 60–70 minutes
apples (preferably acidic varieties)
halves of nuts (walnuts)
Energy value per 100 g of product:
- Under running water, rinse the berries of chokeberry cleaned from debris well and, pouring them with boiling water, leave to insist for 8 hours (you can overnight).
- In the morning, 1 glass of the finished berry infusion should be combined with 1.5 kg of granulated sugar and, putting on fire, achieve complete dissolution of the sweet product (syrup should turn out).
- In a boiling sweet mixture, add sliced apple slices and chopped nut kernels into small cubes.
- Boil the future jam on low heat for 8-10 minutes and after cooling completely, leave to infuse in room conditions for another 1-2 hours.
- After the specified time, mix the jam again and repeat these steps 2 times.
- In the third repetition, add small slices of previously scalded lemon to the boiling rowan-apple mixture so that it boils with the rest of the ingredients for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover the pan with the finished product with a cotton napkin, and on top place another inverted container of the same volume and diameter. Leaving this design for the night, you will achieve maximum softening of the used rowan fruits, which will significantly improve the taste of the finished workpiece for the winter.
- Waking up in the morning, pour the jam on the prepared scalded jars and tighten the lids (it is not necessary to roll up).
Important! Before using lemon fruits, seeds must be extracted from them, otherwise the prepared jam will be bitter and its taste will deteriorate.
No special conditions for storing mountain ash jam are required, however, if possible, the jars with the workpiece should be placed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator or in the cellar where the temperature is below room temperature. In extreme cases, you can leave blanks near the window or in the far corner of the pantry, but in no case near heating appliances, since there is always a risk of lids exploding.
Ready chokeberry jam can be used both in its original form and used to create fragrant pastries or desserts for tea. In any case, choosing the right recipe for the preparation of goodies, you will get not only tasty, but also very useful preparation, especially for the cold season.